Pakistan: Two govt schools for girls blown up in North Waziristan

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

Two government schools for girls in the Mirali region of Pakistan’s North Waziristan were blown up around midnight on Sunday, Dawn reported citing police. No casualty has been reported in the incidents.

Attackers around midnight targeted Government Girls Middle School, Noor Jannat, and Government Girls Middle School, Yunus Kot, Dawn reported citing police. According to local residents, around 500 girls were enrolled in the two schools.

District Police Officer, North Waziristan, Saleem Riaz called the incident a terrorist attack. Riaz stated that the police’s counterterrorism department will carry out an investigation into the case. He vowed that all those responsible for the attack will be brought to justice.

Earlier this month, six schoolteachers were killed in a shooting at a school in the Kurram district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The six teachers were killed after another teacher was gunned down by shooting in the upper Kurram area, as per the news report.

In April, a soldier was killed during an exchange of fire with terrorists in the Mirali region of North Waziristan. The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that “sanitation” activity was conducted to eliminate any terrorists found in the region.

- Advertisement -

Meanwhile, one terrorist and three soldiers were killed during the exchange of fire in the Zarghoon region of Balochistan, Dawn reported citing the military’s media affairs wing. The gun battle took place when the security forces retaliated to the attack on one of their check-posts.

According to an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement, the attack by a group of terrorists was carried out against a post that was recently built to “help check extortion efforts targeting coal mines in the area,” as per the Dawn report. The ISPR said that security personnel quickly retaliated to the fire.

The ISPR in the statement said, “Based on follow-up ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) effort, the likely hideout of fleeing terrorists has been identified in nearby mountains and a deliberate blocking and sanitisation operation has been launched.” (ANI)

Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif condemned the incident that killed 3 soldiers. The incident took place amid a rise in terrorist activity across Pakistan, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan since the ceasefire ended between the banned terrorist outfit Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Pakistan government in November last year.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...

BRICS Poised to Play a Transformational Role in Reshaping the Global Economic Order

The growing influence of BRICS in the global economy marks a decisive shift towards a more balanced, inclusive, and multipolar international order. Over the...

DRDO and IAF Test India’s First Indigenous Glide Weapon in Maiden TARA Flight Trial

India’s Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully conducted the maiden flight trial of the Tactical Advanced Range...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Μήπως το Πακιστάν κυνηγάει την παγκόσμια ισλαμική ηγεσία αντί να λύσει τη δική του κρίση;

Στην τρέχουσα ασταθή ατμόσφαιρα στη Μέση Ανατολή, τη σύγκρουση μεταξύ Τεχεράνης και Ουάσινγκτον και τον επικείμενο πόλεμο με το Ιράν, το Πακιστάν ξαφνικά πρέπει...

H μυστική αμυντική συμφωνία του Πακιστάν με τη Σαουδική Αραβία

Μια λεπτομερής έρευνα από τον δημοσιογράφο του Drop Site News, Murtaza Hussain, αποκάλυψε πώς οι συνομιλίες για την εκεχειρία ΗΠΑ-Ιράν στην Ισλαμαμπάντ έφεραν απροσδόκητα...

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...