China ‘continuing To Harden Its Position’ Along Border With India: US Defence Secretary

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

The US Defence Secretary said that America “stands by its friends” as Beijing adopts the “war coercive” and “aggressive approach” to its territorial claims.

After the Chinese Foreign Ministry asserted that China and India have the desire and competence to resolve border issues through communication, US Defence Secretary Lloyd James Austin said on Saturday said that China is continuing to harden its position along the borders. Austin claimed that America “stands by its friends” as Beijing adopts the “war coercive” and “aggressive approach” to its territorial claims. Earlier on May 8, US Army’s Pacific Commanding General, Charles Flynn, had spoken about China’s infrastructure expansion along the borders in the Ladakh sector, terming the Chinese operations as “eye-opening.”

However, the Chinese Foreign Ministry had slammed the United States and accused it of adding “fuel to the fire.” Now, US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin hit out against Beijing and said that the country was taking an aggressive approach. Speaking at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, Austin noted that China is making illegal approaches to the territories it claims in the South China Sea and making advancements regarding its ‘illegal’ maritime plans.

“Further to the West, we see Beijing continuing to harden the position along the borders it shares with India,” Austin said at the Dialogue. Emphasising on China’s recent moves to build bridges and extend its infrastructure such as roads and residential units in the border areas with India, Austin stated that the US, “remain unwavering in our mutual defence commitments.” It is pertinent to note that the Indian and Chinese troops are engaged in a tense border standoff in eastern Ladakh since May 5, 2020, when violent clashes erupted between the sides in the Pangong lake area.

China-India boundary question is matter between two nations’: Beijing
US Army’s Pacific Commanding General Charles Flynn, on May 8, had expressed worry over China’s infrastructure expansion along its borders with India. Following this, a Chinese spokesperson described the border situation as “mostly stable,” adding that the two nations’ front-line soldiers have achieved disengagement in most portions of the western sector along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). “The China-India boundary question is a matter between the two countries,” Zhao Lijian remarked.

- Advertisement -

Meanwhile, Indian External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi stated that the government is dedicated and taking all necessary and reasonable actions to protect territorial integrity and sovereignty. Earlier in May, the two countries had a discussion over border issues and agreed to hold the next round of Commander level talks as soon as possible.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...

BRICS Poised to Play a Transformational Role in Reshaping the Global Economic Order

The growing influence of BRICS in the global economy marks a decisive shift towards a more balanced, inclusive, and multipolar international order. Over the...

DRDO and IAF Test India’s First Indigenous Glide Weapon in Maiden TARA Flight Trial

India’s Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully conducted the maiden flight trial of the Tactical Advanced Range...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Μήπως το Πακιστάν κυνηγάει την παγκόσμια ισλαμική ηγεσία αντί να λύσει τη δική του κρίση;

Στην τρέχουσα ασταθή ατμόσφαιρα στη Μέση Ανατολή, τη σύγκρουση μεταξύ Τεχεράνης και Ουάσινγκτον και τον επικείμενο πόλεμο με το Ιράν, το Πακιστάν ξαφνικά πρέπει...

H μυστική αμυντική συμφωνία του Πακιστάν με τη Σαουδική Αραβία

Μια λεπτομερής έρευνα από τον δημοσιογράφο του Drop Site News, Murtaza Hussain, αποκάλυψε πώς οι συνομιλίες για την εκεχειρία ΗΠΑ-Ιράν στην Ισλαμαμπάντ έφεραν απροσδόκητα...

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...