Beijing urges Pakistan to stop terror attacks on Chinese nationals

Premier Li Keqiang tells Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif to bring to justice those responsible for a deadly attack on teachers at a Confucius Institute last month Sharif says security measures will be stepped up for Chinese nationals in the wake of the attack

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

Pakistan has been urged to “ensure” further terrorist attacks against Chinese nationals do not happen after last month’s suicide bombing in Karachi.
In a telephone call with Pakistan’s new Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Premier Li Keqiang said China had been shocked and outraged by the attack.
Three Chinese teachers from a Confucius Institute and their local driver were killed in the attack by a female suicide bomber at a university campus in the southern city of Karachi on April 26. The Baloch Liberation Army, a separatist militant group in nearby Balochistan province, claimed responsibility for the attack.

“I hope that the Pakistani side will bring the perpetrators to justice as soon as possible … and comprehensively strengthen security measures for Chinese institutions and personnel in Pakistan to ensure that similar tragedies will not be repeated,” Li said, according to state news agency Xinhua.
Pakistan ramps up security for ex-PM Khan after deadly plot claim
16 May 2022

Shehbaz said his government would strengthen security measures for all Chinese institutions and personnel in Pakistan to ensure that similar incidents will not be repeated, and stressed that Pakistan strongly condemns terrorism, values the lives of Chinese personnel in Pakistan and “regards the Chinese that was killed and injured as our own compatriots without distinction”.
“We will do the utmost to investigate the incident, arrest the perpetrators and punish them according to the law,” he said.
On Monday, Pakistani media reported that a woman had been arrested on suspicion of plotting a suicide attack on a Chinese motorcade on the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a flagship project for Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative.
The reports said the woman had been found carrying detonators and explosives and raids were taking place to arrest other members of the network involved.

Well-educated Pakistani mother volunteered to suicide-bomb Chinese-language centre in Karachi
The CPEC, a series of US$65 billion infrastructure projects that aim to link China’s far western Xinjiang region to the Indian Ocean through Pakistan, have been a target for local militant groups such as the BLA.

In July 2021, a bus blast killed 13 people, including nine Chinese workers, near the construction site of the Dasu hydropower project. The Pakistani government said it was a suicide bombing by Islamist militants.
Chinese instructors at Pakistani Confucius Institutes have left the country since the attack, Nassir Uddin, the director of the department at the University of Karachi, told the television station Geo News on Sunday.
Uddin insisted that the institute would stay open, adding that Pakistani teachers are being asked to help teach Mandarin.
China urges ‘resolute’ action against attacks on its nationals in Pakistan
13 May 2022

- Advertisement -

In Monday’s phone call, the first between Li and Sharif since the latter took office last month, the premier said China has always prioritised its relations with Pakistan and would firmly support the Pakistani side in defending national sovereignty and security, developing its economy, improving people’s livelihoods and maintaining financial stability.
“The Chinese side is willing to strengthen strategic communication with the Pakistani side and promote cooperation on major projects such as the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor,” he said.
Sharif said the friendship between the two countries was deep-rooted and the level of cooperation had reached “an unprecedented level”.
“Pakistan is willing to work with China to accelerate the construction of the Pakistan-China Economic Corridor, deepen cooperation in key projects and special economic zones, and people-to-people exchanges for the betterment of the two peoples,” he added.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Narratives Over Negotiations: How Pakistan’s Claims Are Blocking Real Security Cooperation – OpEd

The eastern frontier of Afghanistan has once again become the stage for a familiar but unsettling drama. Under the cover of night, in the...

New Chinese surveillance leaves foreigners nowhere to hide

When a cybersecurity researcher known by the pseudonym NetAskari recently clicked on a tab labeled "Inquiry for journalist files" on an unsecured Chinese web...

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

O Έλληνας πρωθυπουργός ανακοίνωσε επίσημα την απόκτηση των Bergamini

Στον επίσημο εβδομαδιαίο απολογισμό του κυβερνητικού έργου, ο πρωθυπουργός Κυριάκος Μητσοτάκης αναφέρεται στο πρόγραμμα πρόσκτησης την απόκτηση των δύο ιταλικών φρεγατών FREMM το οποίο...

Ινδός Στρατηγός ε.α. για το IIS: Η σύγκρουση Τουρκίας-Ελλάδας-Κύπρου & η νέα γεωπολιτική της περιοχής

Άρθρο του Ινδού Υποστράτηγου ε.α. Δρ. Rajan Kochhar για το IIS Η Ανατολική Μεσόγειος έχει αναδειχθεί για άλλη μια φορά ως ένα από τα πιο...

”Βόμβες” Ισραηλινών: ”Οδεύει προς το χάος η Τουρκία-Θα μείνει χρόνια ο Ερντογάν-Δεν εμπιστευόμαστε ούτε τους Κεμαλιστές”

Τι αναφέρει ισραηλινό ΜΜΕ: Ο Δρ. Χάι Εϊτάν Κοέν Γιανροτζάκ, ειδικός σε θέματα Τουρκίας από το Κέντρο Νταγιάν στο Πανεπιστήμιο του Τελ Αβίβ, προειδοποιεί: «Βλέπουμε...