Protests erupt in PoK as residents grapple with economic, flour crisis

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

Frustrated residents in the illegally-occupied region of Muzaffarabad staged a protest against the spike in the prices of flour , according to Pakistan’s vernacular media Kashmir Dharti, Siasat.

The flour dealers have rejected the government’s plan to form municipal committees to control the supplies, according to Pakistan’s vernacular media.

Tens of thousands spend hours daily to get the subsidised bags of flour that are already in short supply in the market, according to a report in The Express Tribune.

Amid the flour-crisis”>flour crisis, the residents also suffered an electricity-shortage”>electricity shortage. People in Muzaffarabad took to the streets to protest against increasing load-shedding hours, according to Kashmir Dharti, Siasat.

Meanwhile, in Hanza, the All Parties Business Association are protesting against no electricity, no water, no doctors in hospitals and no medicines in the area. There is no one to take notice of their problems and people are really angry with the administration, ernacular media Daily K2 reported, adding that APBA leaders warned that if the CM and the CS failed to take notice of their grievances they would block the Karakoram Highway.

- Advertisement -

Last year’s floods left many people without food and electricity in Pakistan, whileleaving scores dead in Kohistan and Lower and Upper Kolai Pallas districts.

The rainfalls followed by flash floods and aided by crumbling infrastructure and insufficient government response mechanisms wreaked havoc in Balochistan in 2022. As per the situation reports of the National Disaster Management Authority, as of November, 336 people died and 187 were injured in the aftermath of the floods in Balochistan, stated The News International report.

Locals have said the government gave them more assistance in the 2010 floods, which caused less damage. Government officials, in an interview with The News International, rejected the claims made by local residents.

Officials said the wheat seed would be helpful for farmers in the cultivation of wheat in the ongoing season as floods had swept away seed stockpiles in many places, risking a severe wheat shortage next year, The News International reported.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Why the US and Iran Are Losing Confidence in Pakistan

In its role as the primary mediator between the United States and Iran, Pakistan has sought to be all things to both sides. Neither...

Beijing can’t go all out to help Iran with weapons, has to keep Donald Trump in good humour

China supplying the theocratic Islamic regime in Iran with weapons and technology is no secret, but the options before Beijing are also limited by...

Poll: Finns want EU to cut dependency on US & China

People in Finland broadly support reducing the EU's economic and technological dependencies on the US and China. That’s according to a survey published on Friday...

Operation Sindoor: How Pakistan’s Counter-Strike Campaign Failed Against India’s Air-Defence Architecture

If the night of 7 May 2025 was the moment Pakistan’s narrative-makers seized on, the seventy-two hours that followed were the period during which...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων: Ο περήφανος χορός υπό σφοδρή βροχή στο Σύνταγμα

Η 19η Μαΐου αποτελεί, για τους απανταχού Έλληνες ποντιακής καταγωγής, μια ημέρα ορόσημο, ημέρα μνήμης και τιμής της Γενοκτονίας των Ποντίων. Παράλληλα, αποτελεί την κορύφωση...

Τα ”έχασαν” οι Τούρκοι: ”Οι Ελληνες έσφαξαν Τούρκους στην Τριπολιτσά”

Ανακοίνωση σε σχέση με τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων εξέδωσε το τουρκικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών. Στην ανακοίνωση, αναφέρεται μεταξύ άλλων πως η Ελλάδα απέτυχε «στην απόπειρα...

Σημαντική εξέλιξη: Ενδιαφέρον ExxonMobil για οικόπεδο 4 της ΑΟΖ

Σε προχωρημένο στάδιο βρίσκονται οι συνομιλίες της ExxonMobil με την Λευκωσία για την απόκτηση νέου οικοπέδου στην Αποκλειστική Οικονομική Ζώνη (ΑΟΖ), όπως αποκάλυψε ο...

Σουηδία: Αγοράζει τέσσερις φρεγάτες Belharra – Mega deal $4 δισ. με τη Naval Group

Η επένδυση θα αποτελέσει τη μεγαλύτερη αμυντική δαπάνη της Σουηδίας από τη δεκαετία του 1980, δήλωσε ο πρωθυπουργός Ουλφ Κρίστερσον σε συνέντευξη Τύπου στη...