11.4 C
Athens
Τετάρτη, 18 Φεβρουαρίου, 2026

Sindhi teenagers detained for backing Baloch protesters in Islamabad

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

Pakistan security authorities detained four Sindhi teenagers in Mirpur Khas for their participation in a demonstration in support of Baloch women and children participating in a sit-in protest in Islamabad, according to The Balochistan Post that cited the media reports.

The event was part of the “Long March Against Baloch Genocide,” which began in Turbat and ended in Islamabad.

However, the marchers were first denied admittance, resulting in their detention. Supporters in Islamabad, especially Baloch students assembled at the National Press Club to welcome the march, were attacked and arrested in large numbers, according to The Balochistan Post.

Moreover, a similar demonstration was also held in Mirpur Khas, Sindh, in support of the Baloch protesters.

In addition, more than 50 political activists were arrested for opposing the security forces and the state.

- Advertisement -

Several allegations came to light from Karachi and other parts of Sindh, claiming that workers and protestors affiliated with the Baloch Yakjehti Committee have been jailed and charged with sedition for showing solidarity with those arrested in Islamabad, according to The Balochistan Post.

Sindhi nationalists have issued statements stating that until the workers and activists are released, they intend to escalate large-scale protests across the state.

Several Sindhi organisations, including the Sindh Sujagi Forum, Voice for Missing Persons of Sindh, Sindh Sabha, Sindh United Party, and others, have been actively protesting in Islamabad in solidarity with the Baloch protestors.

The Baloch protest march was started in Turbat on December 6 after the alleged extrajudicial killing of a Baloch youth by Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) personnel and reached the federal capital last week.

However, following their protest, they were met with brutal force and over 200 protestors were taken into custody by the Islamabad police. Later, to raise their voice against the crackdown, the march led by the Baloch Yakjehti Committee converted into a sit-in outside the National Press Club.

Earlier on Saturday, the BYC gave a three-day ultimatum to the government to quash the cases registered against students and activists and release all of the protesters. The same day, the Islamabad police announced they were releasing all the detained protesters after their bail was approved.

Moreover, the police had also set up a “special help centre” for the release of incarcerated individuals.

The interior ministry stated on Monday, confirming the release of 290 detained protesters. “Peaceful protests are the right of every citizen but no one will be allowed to take the law into their own hands,” it said.

It added that the security of the Red Zone had been ensured in every way, as it houses the Diplomatic Enclave and other constitutional bodies. The special help centre set up by the police has completed its job, the ministry said. 

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

China, Three-Self Church Ready to Enforce the New Propaganda Regulations

The Chinese Communist Party’s new “Regulations on Ideological and Political Work” were introduced with the seriousness typically reserved for constitutional changes or the launch...

After Gen Z uprising, Bangladesh vote shows limits of youth power

In an election triggered by a Gen Z–led uprising in Bangladesh, a youth-driven party secured only six seats in the 300-member parliament, showing the...

India, Greece discuss enhancing maritime cooperation

Indian Navy chief, Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, met Greek Navy General Staff chief Vice Admiral Dimitrios Eleftherios Kataras here on Monday, with discussions focused...

From India to Israel: Foreign Scapegoats for Pakistan’s Own Terror Problem

The devastating suicide bombing at the Khadija-tul-Kubra mosque in Islamabad on February 6, 2026, which claimed 32 lives and left nearly 170 injured, serves...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Αμερικανική Κυβέρνηση: ”Οι ΗΠΑ θα σταματήσουν τις πυρηνικές φιλοδοξίες του Ιράν «με τον έναν ή τον άλλον τρόπο»”-Ισραηλινοί αξιωματούχοι δεν αποκλείουν το ενδεχόμενο το...

Οι ΗΠΑ θα σταματήσουν τις πυρηνικές φιλοδοξίες του Ιράν «με τον έναν ή τον άλλον τρόπο», λέει ο υπουργός Ενέργειας. Ο πρόεδρος των ΗΠΑ Ντόναλντ...

«Η Ρωσική Αρκούδα» μπαίνει στο «Μπαντάρ Αμπάς» & η Ουάσινγκτον αναπτύσσει «Κυνηγούς Ραντάρ»-Το Ισραήλ διέταξε τα νοσοκομεία να είναι σε συναγερμό & το «Ford»...

Στρατηγική και Επιχειρησιακή Έκθεση (Τετάρτη - 18 Φεβρουαρίου | 18:00 CET):Οι γεωπολιτικοί κανόνες εμπλοκής έχουν αλλάξει τα τελευταία λεπτά. Η άφιξη ρωσικών πολεμικών πλοίων...

Κυρ. Μητσοτάκης: Στην Ινδία για το AI Summit – Θερμή υποδοχή από τον Μόντι – Bίντεο

Στην Ινδία έφτασε το μεσημέρι της Τετάρτης για το AI Impact Summit 2026 ο πρωθυπουργός, Κυριάκος Μητσοτάκης, τον οποίο υποδέχθηκε με μία θερμή χειραψία...

Αποστολή στη Γάζα: Το Ελληνικό Τάγμα θα αναπτυχθεί εντός της περιμέτρου ασφαλείας που έχει θεσπιστεί στη Γάζα από τις Ισραηλινές Ένοπλες Δυνάμεις

Στην πρώτη διεθνή αποστολή της με χερσαία δύναμη από τότε που συμμετείχε στην ISAF στο Αφγανιστάν, η Ελλάδα θα συμμετάσχει στη Διεθνή Δύναμη Σταθεροποίησης...