China rules with iron fist even after three decades of Tiananmen massacre

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

Even after three decades of the Tiananmen massacre, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) rules the nation with an iron fist and continues to systematically undermine the rights and freedoms of the people.

Experts regard the Tiananmen massacre as a pivotal moment in the country’s history where the Communist Party leadership set the stage for the next 30 years of its ruthless rule.On the night of June 3, 1989, the ruling CCP regime not only crushed a nationwide, peaceful protest but also strangled the hopes of any democratic reforms in the country. The military opened fire and killed untold numbers of peaceful protesters and bystanders. In Beijing, some citizens attacked army convoys and burned vehicles in response to the military’s violence.

“In the immediate aftermath of the Tiananmen massacre, the Chinese leadership launched a ‘Patriotic Education Campaign’ from kindergarten to university levels, according to Canadian think tank International Forum For Rights And Security (IFFRAS).

“Students were forced to study the ‘Outline on the Implementation of Patriotic Education.’ Textbooks were changed to prove that China was a victim of the policies of the West and Japan. A ‘rising China’ against the rest of the world became the main theme,” IFFRAS said. Even after 30 years, according to the think tank, cultural amnesia surrounded the bloody massacre.

“Even decades after the incident, the actual number of the dead remained unknown. Families of the deceased couldn’t mourn their dead while exiles couldn’t return home even to attend the funeral. Countless were detained and sent behind the bars for years without any trial for just speaking about the incident,” IFFRAS wrote.
Further, the think tank said there is no mention of the massacre in school textbooks or in the media.

- Advertisement -

“A systematic suppression and state-sponsored manipulation of history means the generation born after the incident hardly knows about its government’s brutal crackdown on its own people. Hong Kong was the only place in the country where the massacre was being openly commemorated,” it said.

In Hong Kong, for three straight years, the authorities banned the annual vigil to commemorate the massacre, citing Covid-19 restrictions, even though the city has managed the pandemic well and social distancing rules have been eased.“The Pillar of Shame”, a sculpture created by Danish artist Jens Galschiot to commemorate the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, had been on the University of Hong Kong (HKU) campus since 1997. Students traditionally cleaned the sculpture annually on 4 June to remember the events of Tiananmen Square.

On October 8, 2021, the HKU decided to remove the sculpture from campus. The university explained its decision was based on a risk assessment and legal advice.
Last December, the university removed the Pillar of Shame, citing potential safety issues and legal risks. The University’s governing council said the statue would be placed in storage pending further legal advice.Later, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Lingnan University, removed monuments commemorating the Tiananmen Square massacre from their campuses, citing similar reasons.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...

BRICS Poised to Play a Transformational Role in Reshaping the Global Economic Order

The growing influence of BRICS in the global economy marks a decisive shift towards a more balanced, inclusive, and multipolar international order. Over the...

DRDO and IAF Test India’s First Indigenous Glide Weapon in Maiden TARA Flight Trial

India’s Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully conducted the maiden flight trial of the Tactical Advanced Range...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Το σχέδιο Ελλάδας–ΗΠΑ–Νότιας Κορέας: Η κίνηση-ματ

Πιστεύω πως η Ελλάδα, ως ηγέτιδα δύναμη στη ναυτιλία μπορεί να παίξει ρόλο στις υπηρεσίες συντήρησης, επισκευών και γενικών ανακατασκευών πλοίων, εμπορικών και πολεμικών»...

Ισραηλινοί: ”Δημογραφική κατάρρευση στην Τουρκία!”

Τι αναφέρει ισραηλινό ΜΜΕ: Το κανάλι "Hadassah Express" στο δίκτυο X παρουσίασε μια συζήτηση στην Τουρκία, στην οποία ο αναλυτής Δρ. Σουλεϊμάν Σεϊφί Αούν και...

Ν.Δελχί: ”Ινδία-Κύπρος αναγνωρίζουν τις δυνατότητες του IMEC στην αναδιαμόρφωση και την προώθηση του παγκόσμιου εμπορίου”-Τι ανέφερε ο Ν.Μόντι για τις αμυντικές σχέσεις

Η Ινδία και η Κύπρος αναγνώρισαν το μετασχηματιστικό δυναμικό του Οικονομικού Διαδρόμου Ινδίας-Μέσης Ανατολής-Ευρώπης (IMEC) στην αναδιαμόρφωση και προώθηση του παγκόσμιου εμπορίου, της συνδεσιμότητας...

Νεύρα Τούρκων: ”Τα Ελληνικά F-16 παραμένουν στην Κύπρο”

Τι αναφέρουν οι Τούρκοι: ''Τα F-16 της Ελλάδας παραμένουν στην Κύπρο… Χριστοδουλίδης: «Συνεχής επαφή με τον Έλληνα Πρωθυπουργό Μητσοτάκη» Ανακοινώθηκε ότι το Εθνικό Συμβούλιο Ασφαλείας της Ελλάδας...