POK unrest result of Pakistan’s oppressive approach: India twists knife

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

India squarely blamed Pakistan’s oppressive approach and systemic plundering of resources for the unrest that has gripped Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir, leaving 12 dead and over 150 injured.

In its first remarks on the fresh turmoil in its neighbourhood, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) condemned the brutality by Pakistani forces on civilians in POK and reinforced its claim that the territory was under Pakistan’s “forcible” and “illegal occupation”.

‘PAKISTAN MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE’

“We have seen reports of protests in several areas of Pakistan-occupied Jammu & Kashmir, including brutalities by Pakistani forces on innocent civilians,” MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said.

He also urged the international community to hold Pakistan accountable for the human rights violations in POK, which is witnessing one of its biggest unrest in decades.

- Advertisement -

“We believe that it is a natural consequence of Pakistan’s oppressive approach and systemic plundering of resources from these territories… Pakistan must be held accountable for its horrific human rights violations,” he further said.

Over the years, India has firmly maintained that POK was an integral part of the country. Following the hostilities in May, India has stated that future discussions with Pakistan would only be about the return of the territory.

Pakistan, being Pakistan, has indirectly pointed its fingers at India for the current unrest. On Thursday, Pakistani minister Ahsan Iqbal urged the protesters in POK to avoid lighting a fire that could “benefit our enemy country”.

UNREST IN POK ENTERS DAY 5

The region has witnessed pitched battles between security forces and protesters since September 29 when the Jammu Kashmir Joint Awami Action Committee (JKJAAC) took out a march over the government’s failure to meet 38 key demands.

Apart from political reforms and subsidies on flour and electricity, a key demand of the agitators is the abolition of 12 assembly seats in POK reserved for Kashmiri refugees.

Since then, the protest has turned into a broader agitation against excesses by the Pakistani military, with agitations also spreading into Pakistani cities like Islamabad and Karachi.

On Friday, an uneasy calm hung over the region as a negotiating committee, set up by the Shehbaz Sharif government, arrived in Muzaffarabad to hold talks with the JKJAAC and its leader Shaukat Nawaz Mir.

The unrest has brought life in several POK districts to a grinding halt, with markets and shops remaining shut for the fifth consecutive day. Mobile and internet services have also been shut.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Ιστορική εξέγερση! – Τελειώνει ο φιλότουρκος Σάντσεθ: Χιλιάδες πολίτες στους δρόμους – Μεγάλη αντικυβερνητική διαδήλωση – Βίντεο

Δεκάδες χιλιάδες πολίτες κατέκλυσαν τους δρόμους της Μαδρίτης, συμμετέχοντας σε μεγάλη αντικυβερνητική διαδήλωση κατά του Ισπανού πρωθυπουργού Πέδρο Σάντσεθ, με βασικό αίτημα την παραίτησή...

Αποκάλυψη Ισραηλινών: ”Παρακολουθούμε στενά την συνεργασία του Συριακού με τον Τουρκικό Στρατό-Επικίνδυνη εξέλιξη η παρουσία της Άγκυρας δίπλα μας”

Τι αναφέρει ισραηλινό ΜΜΕ: Ο συριακός στρατός συμμετέχει σε άσκηση εκτός Συρίας για πρώτη φορά μετά την πτώση του καθεστώτος: Το Υπουργείο Άμυνας της Συρίας...

”Βόμβα” Αμερικανικού ΜΜΕ: ”Πιθανός ένα πόλεμος ανάμεσα σε Τουρκία-Ισραήλ-Αδύναμη η Άγκυρα”

Ένας πιθανός πόλεμος μεταξύ Τουρκίας και Ισραήλ εξακολουθεί να αποτελεί θέμα συζήτησης στον αμερικανικό τύπο. Η Washington Post, η οποία ισχυρίζεται ότι οι ΗΠΑ...

Ισραηλινό ”χαστούκι” σε Τουρκία στην Γάζα! – Η τουρκική ΜΚΟ & οι σχέσεις με τρομοκρατική οργάνωση

Το Ισραήλ διέταξε το Παγκόσμιο Επισιτιστικό Πρόγραμμα (WFP) του ΟΗΕ να αναστείλει τη δραστηριότητά του στη Γάζα με μια τουρκική ΜΚΟ, την οποία έχει...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Ιστορική εξέγερση! – Τελειώνει ο φιλότουρκος Σάντσεθ: Χιλιάδες πολίτες στους δρόμους – Μεγάλη αντικυβερνητική διαδήλωση – Βίντεο

Δεκάδες χιλιάδες πολίτες κατέκλυσαν τους δρόμους της Μαδρίτης, συμμετέχοντας σε μεγάλη αντικυβερνητική διαδήλωση κατά του Ισπανού πρωθυπουργού Πέδρο Σάντσεθ, με βασικό αίτημα την παραίτησή...

Πρόκληση από τους οπαδούς της Φενέρ στο Final 4: «Είμαστε οι στρατιώτες του Μουσταφά Κεμάλ» – Βίντεο

Σε σοβαρή πρόκληση προχώρησαν οπαδοί της Φενέρμπαχτσε που βρέθηκαν στην Ελλάδα για τον αγώνα της ομάδας τους, καθώς φώναξαν συνθήματα με έντονο εθνικιστικό και...

Αποκάλυψη Ισραηλινών: ”Παρακολουθούμε στενά την συνεργασία του Συριακού με τον Τουρκικό Στρατό-Επικίνδυνη εξέλιξη η παρουσία της Άγκυρας δίπλα μας”

Τι αναφέρει ισραηλινό ΜΜΕ: Ο συριακός στρατός συμμετέχει σε άσκηση εκτός Συρίας για πρώτη φορά μετά την πτώση του καθεστώτος: Το Υπουργείο Άμυνας της Συρίας...

Ανησυχία Τούρκων: ”Η Ελλάδα στοχεύει στην παραγωγή 1 εκατομμυρίου drones ετησίως”

Τι αναφέρει τουρκικό ΜΜΕ: Ο Υπουργός Εθνικής Άμυνας Νίκος Δένδιας απάντησε σε ερωτήσεις δημοσιογράφου στο συνέδριο «Εθνικό Σχέδιο Δράσης σε Συνθήκες Παγκόσμιας Αβεβαιότητας» που πραγματοποιήθηκε...