17.8 C
Athens
Πέμπτη, 3 Απριλίου, 2025

Taliban Requests Afghan Refugees to Abstain from Protesting in Pakistan and Iran

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

The Taliban Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation has requested Afghan refugees refrain from taking part in protests in Pakistan and Iran.

Afghan refugees were urged not to participate in the protests since they were Pakistani and Iranian domestic affairs, according to Abdul Rahman Rashid, the Taliban’s deputy minister for refugees and repatriation.

The Taliban representative said in a video message that was released on November 23 that “the demonstrations are their (Iran and Pakistan’s) domestic affairs, their people are demonstrating, do not ruin your life.”

Iranian woman Mahsa Amini, 22, died while being held by the Iranian Morality Police for not observing the mandatory hijab, prompting an unprecedented flurry of public protests against the Iranian government.

These widespread protests sparked by Amini’s death, are one of the biggest challenges faced by the Iranian government and leadership after the 1979 revolution.

- Advertisement -

Prior to the Taliban taking control of Afghanistan, 3.4 million Afghan immigrants—nearly two million of them were undocumented—lived in Iran, according to statistics from the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

However, UNHCR said that after August of last year when the Taliban took control of Afghanistan, hundreds of thousands of Afghans fled to Iran.

After Imran Khan, the former prime minister of Pakistan, was ousted, violent protests by his supporters occurred parallel with protests in Iran.

While the ousted PM of Pakistan sustained a shot in his leg in a protest on November 6, he stated that the protest marches towards Islamabad will resume.

Although the UN International Organization for Migration (IOM) estimates that there are now 1.3 million Afghan immigrants living in Pakistan lawfully, it is also believed that hundreds of thousands of Afghan immigrants are also residing there irregularly.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

U.S. House introduces bill to dismantle China’s secret police stations on American soil

On March 14, 2025, U.S. House lawmakers introduced a new bipartisan bill aimed at dismantling and preventing the operation of China’s secret police stations...

“There will be no surprise if Pakistan splits into four pieces soon…” Shahbaz Government in Pakistan shocked with the statement of JUI Supremo.

Maulana Fazlur Rehman has expressed concern over Pakistan’s security situation. He stated that Balochistan is under the control of terrorists, and due to increasing...

Pilot Error or Cover-Up? The K-8 Crash and SLAF’s Integrity at Stake

On March 21, 2025, a Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) K-8 trainer aircraft crashed in Wariyapola during a routine training exercise. Both pilots ejected...

Fair Play in Question: EU Targets BYD’s Chinese Government Backing

The European Union (EU) has initiated an investigation into BYD, a major Chinese electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer, focusing on its operations at a plant...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Aποκλειστικό-Καταιγιστικές εξελίξεις: Συγκρούσεις Ισραηλινού Στρατού με τους ισλαμιστές της Συρίας!-Το Ισραήλ κατέστρεψε όλες τις στρατιωτικές αεροπορικές βάσεις, εκτός από τη ρωσική βάση Hmeymim

Ένοπλες συγκρούσεις μεταξύ του Ισραηλινού Στρατού και των μαχητών που υποστηρίζουν τη Χαγιάτ Ταχρίρ αλ-Σαμ (HTS) στη Νταράα, στη νότια Συρία, συνεχίζονται την τελευταία...

Αποκλειστικό: Συγκλονιστικό ”λόγκο” από την Ινδική ΠΑ-Ινδικό Su-30 ”πετάει” ανάμεσα σε Ελληνική Ορθόδοξη Εκκλησία & στο γνωστό μνημείο ”India Gate”

Κάτι πρωτόγνωρο συμβάινει στην πολυεθνική άσκηση Ηνίοχος 2025, που πραγματοποείται υπό την αιγίδα των Ελληνικών Ενόπλων Δυνάμεων, καθώς τα αεροσκάφη της πολεμικής μας αεροπορίας έχουν την...

Ισραηλινός αντιαεροπορικός «θόλος» επί ελληνικού εδάφους κατά των τουρκικών Bayraktar

Του ΓΙΩΡΓΟΥ ΣΙΔΕΡΗ, Hellas Journal Ο κος. Μητσοτάκης κατά την ομιλία του στην Βουλή για το δωδεκαετές εξοπλιστικό πρόγραμμα ύψους 25 δισεκατομμυρίων € (σ.σ. 2,08...

Ο Λευκός Οίκος διαψεύδει το Politico για τα περί αποχώρησης Μασκ από την κυβέρνηση Τραμπ

Σημερινό (02/04) δημοσίευμα του Politico ανέφερε ότι ο Έλον Μασκ αναμένεται να αποχωρήσει μέσα στις επόμενες εβδομάδες από επικεφαλής του Τμήματος Κυβερνητικής Αποτελεσματικότητας (DOGE)...