13.7 C
Athens
Πέμπτη, 19 Φεβρουαρίου, 2026

Taiwan’s Defense Ministry says 13 Chinese Aircraft entered Island’s airspace

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

“13 PLA aircraft (Y-8 EW, J-165 and J-107) entered #Taiwan’s southwest [air defence identification zone] on March 14, 2022,” the ministry tweeted, reported Sputnik.
The aircraft include one Shaanxi Y-8 medium-range transport aircraft, seven J-10 multipurpose fighter jets, and five J-16 destroyers, according to the ministry.

China directs military aircraft to Taiwan’s airspace almost on a daily basis, yet ordinarily, the number of planes does not exceed five per day, with occasional cases of more than 10 jets.

A two-week training program for reservists began in Taiwan’s northern city of Taoyuan on March 5, with around 400 people participating in the program voluntarily.
Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense said last year that starting in 2022, it will reinforce the training of reserve forces amid escalating tensions between Beijing and Taipei. The duration of mandatory retraining for some reserve forces will be increased to 14 days from the five to seven days of the previous program.

The first week of the retraining course under the new program will be devoted to firing practice, with an increase in the total number of firing hours. The exercise will include instructions in and usage of different types of weapons, training in combat situations, and honing troops’ command and control skills, reported Sputnik.

Official relations between Beijing and Taipei broke down in 1949 after the Kuomintang forces led by Chiang Kai-shek defeated by the Chinese Communist Party in the civil war moved to Taiwan. Business and informal contacts between the island and China resumed in the late 1980s. Since the early 1990s, the two sides have been in contact through nongovernmental organizations, including the Beijing Association for the Advancement of Relations across the Taiwan Strait and the Taipei Cross-Strait Exchange Foundation.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

A deadly attack after years of relative calm raises urgent questions about militant regrouping in Pakistan

After a few relatively calm years, Pakistan finds itself back under the shadow of brutal terrorism. If anything, the Islamic State Khorosan Province’s (ISKP)...

‘India key to global AI growth’, say tech leaders ahead of mega summit

With just a day to go for the mega AI-India Impact summit 2026, there is a huge buzz in the tech corridors as the...

China, Three-Self Church Ready to Enforce the New Propaganda Regulations

The Chinese Communist Party’s new “Regulations on Ideological and Political Work” were introduced with the seriousness typically reserved for constitutional changes or the launch...

After Gen Z uprising, Bangladesh vote shows limits of youth power

In an election triggered by a Gen Z–led uprising in Bangladesh, a youth-driven party secured only six seats in the 300-member parliament, showing the...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Οι Τούρκοι τρέμουν τα Ελληνικά F-35 & ξεκίνησαν τις ανοησίες: ”Ανώτερο το ΚΑΑΝ από τα F-35”!

Eκτός ελέγχου οι Τούρκοι, οι οποίοι ''βλέπουν'' εφιάλτες'' με την ενισχύση της Ελλάδας! Τι αναφέραμε πριν: Τι αναφέρουν τώρα Τούρκοι αναλυτές: Τα ελληνικά F-35 θα διαθέτουν ραντάρ...

”Κεραυνοί” από την Κυβέρνηση της Σομαλιλάνδης κατά Τουρκίας!-Την ίδια στιγμή ”καλούν” Ελλάδα στη περιοχή

Δήλωση της κυβέρνησης της Σομαλιλάνδης σχετικά με τις πρόσφατες δηλώσεις του Προέδρου της Τουρκίας Η Σομαλιλάνδη απαντά επίσημα στα πρόσφατα σχόλια του Προέδρου της Τουρκίας...

Απειλές Τούρκων: ”Θα ρίξουμε βαλλιστικούς σε Ελλάδα-Ισραήλ”

Εκτός ελέγχου οι Τούρκοι: ''Ο αμυντικός αναλυτής και ειδικός σε τεχνολογία ραντάρ Fazıl Altay: ▪️ Οι περιοχές που θα χτυπήσουμε εκτοξεύοντας 2 βαλλιστικούς πυραύλους 300 ER...

Τελεσίγραφο Νετανιάχου σε Ιράν: Απάντηση που δεν φαντάζονται, αν μας επιτεθούν-Το Ηνωμένο Βασίλειο εμποδίζει τον Τραμπ να χρησιμοποιήσει τις βάσεις της RAF για επιθέσεις...

Ο Ισραηλινός πρωθυπουργός Μπέντζαμιν Νετανιάχου προειδοποίησε σήμερα (19/02/2026) το Ιράν με μαζική απάντηση αν επιτεθεί στο Ισραήλ. Οι δηλώσεις του Μπέντζαμιν Νετανιάχου έρχονται μετά την...