12.5 C
Athens
Δευτέρα, 16 Φεβρουαρίου, 2026

EU moves to force the phase-out of Chinese suppliers from key infrastructure, FT reports

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

The European Union is moving to force the phase-out of Chinese‑made equipment from critical infrastructure, barring companies such as Huawei and ZTE (000063.SZ), opens new tab from telecom networks and solar energy systems, the Financial Times reported on Saturday.

An existing regime to restrict high-risk vendors is voluntary but the zone’s cybersecurity proposal is likely to make it mandatory for EU countries, the report said, citing unidentified officials.

Some telecom firms in large markets such as Spain and Germany have previously resisted implementing such measures.
The proposal will be presented on Tuesday, the report said.

Timelines for the phase-out will depend on the risks posed to the bloc and the specific sector and would take into account the costs and availability of alternative suppliers, it added. Reuters was not able to immediately verify the report. The European Commission, China’s commerce ministry, Huawei and ZTE did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Huawei has been considering the future of a recently completed plant in eastern France, Reuters reported in December, amid a hardening stance by some governments on using Chinese equipment and the slow roll-out of 5G in Europe.

- Advertisement -

The United States banned approvals of new telecommunications equipment from Huawei and ZTE in 2022 and has encouraged European allies to do the same.

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

India designated ‘Country of the Year’ at BIOFACH 2026 in Germany

India has been designated as the Country of the Year at BIOFACH 2026, the world's leading trade fair for organic products, scheduled to be...

Pakistan defense minister makes rare admission on political motives behind Afghanistan wars 

Pakistan’s defense minister has made one of the most candid acknowledgements by a senior Pakistani official about Islamabad’s role in Afghanistan’s decades of conflict, saying Pakistan’s involvement was...

The missing piece in Balochistan

When Nawab Akbar Bugti was killed in August 2006, I was in Mastung on a work-related assignment with the UNDP. What was meant to...

Spain: the dimension of Europe’s immigration dilemma

Spain’s decision to reform its immigration system has revived a question the European Union has long avoided rather than resolved: how national regularisation policies...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Οι Ισραηλινοί ”κάρφωσαν” την Τουρκία: ”Η Άγκυρα ανοίγει τρία τζαμιά στη Γάζα – Επεκτείνει τη θρησκευτική της επιρροή”

Τι αναφέρει η jpost Το Ίδρυμα Diyanet της Τουρκίας άνοιξε τρία τζαμιά στη Γάζα, σύμφωνα με το τουρκικό κρατικό ραδιοτηλεοπτικό δίκτυο TRT. Ένα βίντεο που...

Ισραηλινή Κυβέρνηση: Η Τουρκία είναι ένας επικίνδυνος Δούρειος Ίππος, που προωθεί ενεργά δίκτυα που συνδέονται με την Αλ Κάιντα στη Γάζα, τη Συρία και...

Τι αναφέρει ο Ισραηλινός Υπουργός Διασποράς: Τι «χειρονομία» από την Τουρκία: Χρηματοδότηση ενός τζαμιού στη Γάζα που πήρε το όνομά του από τον Αμπντουλάχ...

Οι ινδικοί βαλλιστικοί πύραυλοι που μπορούν να κάνουν την διαφορά για την Ελλάδα

Η Ινδία συγκαταλέγεται πλέον στις ελάχιστες χώρες παγκοσμίως που διαθέτουν πλήρες, αυτάρκες και πολυεπίπεδο βαλλιστικό πυραυλικό πρόγραμμα, καλύπτοντας όλο το φάσμα από τακτικούς πυραύλους μικρού βεληνεκούς...

Ανησυχία Τούρκων: ”«Ομπρέλα» UAV για τις Belharra-Στρατηγική αναβάθμιση στο Αιγαίο”

Νέα δεδομένα στο Αιγαίο δημιουργεί η απόφαση της Ελλάδας να ενισχύσει τις φρεγάτες της με σύγχρονα μη επανδρωμένα ελικόπτερα, σε μια κίνηση που –όπως σχολιάζουν και...