Philippines slams Chinese ship’s ‘close distance manoeuvring’ in South China Sea

Περισσότερα Νέα

- Advertisement -

Philippines has reported a recent incident of “close distance manoeuvring” by a Chinese vessel in the disputed South China Sea. This comes as China continues to claim most of the South China Sea, which is also contested by Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam. Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) on Sunday said the incident took place on March 2 during Philippine maritime patrol operations around the Scarborough Shoal, locally known as Bajo de Masinloc. “Coast Guard personnel have monitored a China Coast Guard (CCG) vessel with bow number 3305 that conducted a close distance manoeuvring of approximately 21 yards towards BRP Malabrigo (MRRV-4402) while the said PCG vessel was sailing at the vicinity waters off Bajo de Masinloc,” the PCG said in a press release. “This constrained the manoeuvring space of BRP Malabrigo (MRRV-4402) — a clear violation of the 1972 International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS),” it added.

PCG Commandant, CG Admiral Artemio M Abu, the said occurrence was the fourth reported close distance manoeuvring incident involving Chinese vessels in Bajo de Masinloc. Last May, a PCG-manned vessel, reported the first incident of close distance manoeuvring involving a CCG vessel. The second and third incidents involved two CCG vessels that conducted close distance manoeuvring with BRP Capones and BRP Sindangan (MRRV-4407) during the PCG’s maritime capability enhancement exercises in Bajo de Masinloc in June last year. “The behaviour of the involved CCG vessels increased the risk of collision with four of our capital ships. Hence, we immediately coordinated with the National Task Force for the West Philippine Sea (NTF-WPS) and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to address this issue through rules-based and peaceful approaches,” the Coast Guard Commandant said. CG Admiral Abu said that the Philippines is fully aware of dangerous situations at sea, but these will not stop the country’s deployment of assets and personnel in the country’s exclusive economic zones (EEZ).

- Advertisement -

ΑΠΑΝΤΗΣΤΕ

εισάγετε το σχόλιό σας!
παρακαλώ εισάγετε το όνομά σας εδώ

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Ροή ειδήσεων

ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Narratives Over Negotiations: How Pakistan’s Claims Are Blocking Real Security Cooperation – OpEd

The eastern frontier of Afghanistan has once again become the stage for a familiar but unsettling drama. Under the cover of night, in the...

New Chinese surveillance leaves foreigners nowhere to hide

When a cybersecurity researcher known by the pseudonym NetAskari recently clicked on a tab labeled "Inquiry for journalist files" on an unsecured Chinese web...

 Is Pakistan Chasing Global Islamic Leadership Instead of Solving Its Own Crisis?

In the current volatile atmosphere in the Middle East, the conflict between Tehran and Washington and the impending war with Iran, Pakistan suddenly has...

Drop Site Reveals Pakistan’s Covert Defense Deal with Saudi Arabia

A detailed investigation by Drop Site News reporter Murtaza Hussain revealed how the US–Iran ceasefire talks in Islamabad unexpectedly thrust Pakistan’s secretive military relationship...

ΔΗΜΟΦΙΛΗ ΑΡΘΡΑ

Ιστορική εξέγερση! – Τελειώνει ο φιλότουρκος Σάντσεθ: Χιλιάδες πολίτες στους δρόμους – Μεγάλη αντικυβερνητική διαδήλωση – Βίντεο

Δεκάδες χιλιάδες πολίτες κατέκλυσαν τους δρόμους της Μαδρίτης, συμμετέχοντας σε μεγάλη αντικυβερνητική διαδήλωση κατά του Ισπανού πρωθυπουργού Πέδρο Σάντσεθ, με βασικό αίτημα την παραίτησή...

Πρόκληση από τους οπαδούς της Φενέρ στο Final 4: «Είμαστε οι στρατιώτες του Μουσταφά Κεμάλ» – Βίντεο

Σε σοβαρή πρόκληση προχώρησαν οπαδοί της Φενέρμπαχτσε που βρέθηκαν στην Ελλάδα για τον αγώνα της ομάδας τους, καθώς φώναξαν συνθήματα με έντονο εθνικιστικό και...

Αποκάλυψη Ισραηλινών: ”Παρακολουθούμε στενά την συνεργασία του Συριακού με τον Τουρκικό Στρατό-Επικίνδυνη εξέλιξη η παρουσία της Άγκυρας δίπλα μας”

Τι αναφέρει ισραηλινό ΜΜΕ: Ο συριακός στρατός συμμετέχει σε άσκηση εκτός Συρίας για πρώτη φορά μετά την πτώση του καθεστώτος: Το Υπουργείο Άμυνας της Συρίας...

Ανησυχία Τούρκων: ”Η Ελλάδα στοχεύει στην παραγωγή 1 εκατομμυρίου drones ετησίως”

Τι αναφέρει τουρκικό ΜΜΕ: Ο Υπουργός Εθνικής Άμυνας Νίκος Δένδιας απάντησε σε ερωτήσεις δημοσιογράφου στο συνέδριο «Εθνικό Σχέδιο Δράσης σε Συνθήκες Παγκόσμιας Αβεβαιότητας» που πραγματοποιήθηκε...